Hardcover books with four-colour inner pages
Get Your Instant Price here:
PUR adhesive binding
Depending on the product, the following bindings are available:
- Saddle Stitch / Stapled
- Loop Stitch (i.e. loops for binders. This is a saddle stitch option, please choose saddle stich and then loop stich on the product page.)
- Glue Binding (from 52 pages)
For Wire-O bindings, please make sure to position fonts and logos at least 15 mm away from the binding, as shown in our file templates.
- Pages (Inside)
Select the number of inner pages for your printing project here. The number of pages must always be dividable by 4. Please submit individual pages only (1,2,3...n). These should be in sequence in a PDF file or also in individual PDF files, but in this case, saved with number filed names (PG01.PDF, PG02.PDF, PG03.PDF... PGn.PDF).
Many layout programs work with double-sided view. However the export must still be done with single pages. please refer to our graphic example of a 16-page brochure. We will appropriately arrange the pages for you for the printing process.
Did you know? The Latin term for page number is Pagina (the page), hence the term Pagination (page numbering). The pagination of a written document is usually positioned in the header or footer sections of the page. For aesthetic reasons, the numbers on specific pages, such as the table of contents or title page, are left out. Also on vacant pages or empty pages, the page number is usually omitted.
- Paper finish inside
4/4 Full Colour on Both Sides
4/0 = Full colour on front, blank back.
4/1 = Full colour on front, B/W on the back.
4/4 = Full colour on both sides.
1/0 = B/W on front, blank back.
0/0 = Blank both sides (unprinted)
If case of HKS or Pantone, the subsequent numbers refer to the number of additional HLS or Pantone colors.
4/1 + HKS 2/1 = CMYK and two HKS-colours on the front, Black and one HKS-colour on the back.
Please enter the codes of your spot colours on the product page.
Here you have the option of selecting a refinement variation for your printed object.
Refinement refers to the visual enhancement of a printed product.
Depending on the type of refinement, this will be done either during the printing process in the printing machine (for example, matt or glossy water-based paint, UV paint) or applied subsequently in the form of a coating (matt or glossy film lamination, foliation).
Many of our products are available with optional refinements such as water-based paint, film lamination and UV paint.
Single-sided or double-sided finish:
During single-sided finishing (UV varnish or film lamination), it is always the front that is processed. Therefore, the correct page order in your master PDF (page 1 = front, page 2 = back) is important. If you are sending single files, be sure the files are named accordingly and clearly. The double-sided finishing process concerns both sides.
UV coating is a lacquer which hardens instantly under the effect of UV light. It results in an abrasion-resistant, hard, high-gloss surface, which can sustain heavy mechanical stress. Of course it also serves to visually enhance the printed product. Whether brochures or catalogue covers, post cards, business cards, posters or flyers & leaflets - it will help you to outshine your competitors. Glossy UV coating is a quality-related refinement option and a less expensive alternative to glossy film lamination. Depending on the printed product, UV coating is done directly in the offset printing machine, or applied subsequently in a special refinement machine.
Film lamination gives printed materials a special finishing touch. We offer this type of refinement in matt or high-gloss finish. It is a film that is mounted and glued on the paper using a special machine.
A film lamination can cause the print inks to look slightly different.
Soft-touch lamination gives printed products a touch of class. Soft-touch laminated surfaces have a velvety texture that make surfaces feel silky smooth to touch. This type of film lamination provides a classy and matt appearance to surfaces.
A film lamination can cause the print inks to look slightly different.
Here you can select the desired packaging. Depending on your further packing and distribution plans, we offer you several options for the packaging of our web offset products:
- loose on Europallets
- wrapped in plastic film
- cardboard sleeves
- handy bundles
- criss-cross bundles
- wrapped in plastic film on Europallets
We are more than happy to meet your demands, for example, by precisely arranging specific package quantities. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer consultant team or send us an email immediately after placing your order (with order number) describing your needs in detail. These options are available only in this product category.
- Production Time
8-9 working days
Depending on the product, you can choose between Standard, Express, Urgent, and Same Day.
Actual production time in terms of business days varies from category to category. It is shown in the description. (For your specific product's production time, please complete your filter selection or go to the product page.) The latest day of shipment shown is calculated on this basis, taking into account local bank holidays.
1. Production starts on the day we have received your print-ready files before 9 a.m. (including your confirmed proofs, if any).
2. Production time does not include shipping.
|Price: £ --.--|
Ready for dispatch*:
Dates apply only if payment is complete and print-ready files are submitted (and approved) until 9 a.m. or until 8 a.m. for same day products.
STANDARD production time can not be guaranteed. For time sensitive orders please select EXPRESS / URGENT turnaround.
Please note that shipping must be added to the production time:
- Standard Shipping: 2-3 business days (free)
- Express Shipping: 1 business day
Express shipping may take 2 days to some areas (e.g. islands and mountain areas). Please contact us if you need a guaranteed 1 day shipping time.
For more information go to Production Time.
Turnaround Time does not include Shipping.
- Resolution at least 300 dpi for an original image size of.
- Fonts must be completely imbedded or converted to curves.
- colour mode CMYK as with FOGRA51 (PSO Coated v3)
- Maximum colour application of 300%
- We will not check for spelling and/or typographical errors.
- We will not check for overprint settings.
- Transparencies created with CorelDRAW must be reduced.
- Comments will be deleted and not printed.
- Form field content will be printed.
- Please observe the requirements for the spine width.
- Cover: Single-sided colour print (4/0) back blank
- Hardcover book in portrait format with a straight spine and square corners
- Inside: four-colour print on both sides (4/4)
- Number of inner pages: 48 to 328 pages
- Cover paper: hardcover made of 150 gsm art print paper on grey chipboard (2.0 mm) with matt, glossy or soft-touch lamination
- Paper of inner pages:
- 115 gsm art print paper
- 135 gsm art print paper
- 90 gsm book paper with 1.4-fold volume
- Endpapers (double pages that connect the book cover with the inside pages): 150 gsm offset paper, white, not corrugated, not printable
- Adhesive binding: on the left
- Shrink wrapping: optional